If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? world peace. haha, no, ok. One thing that has always been very important to me is unity and the ability for people to see others as their equals even if they are different. I think it's important to embrace what makes you and others different, but I wish the world wouldn't use those differences to hurt. And it's something that's probably going to take a long time to change. I have a patch on my bag that says "no child is born a racist" and it's true. We learn to hate from the people around us. I'd like that to change, and every generation I think gets a little more tolerant, so eventually it will. I'd just like it to happen a lot faster.
What makes a person respectable? Being able to see the strengths you have, and the strengths in others. I think that realizing that you need others is really important. You have to be able to be a part of the whole. Respect comes when you can respect others, and work together towards the greater good.
What do you look for in a friend? Someone who I can just have a good time with. Someone who isn't afraid to go out and do some pretty stupid things. My friends and I do crazy things, like going fountain diving and wandering around campus, finding unlocked classrooms and sitting there eating swedish fish and talking. Things that we probably shouldn't do, but we'll always laugh about later. And a friend is someone who'll be there for me and have my back like I'll have theirs, because that is so important. And someone who isn't afraid to set me straight, because sometimes I really need that.
What are your hobbies? I love music, listening to it and playing it, and of course singing. I love to read, and I love to write. For years now I've been having a passionate love affair with photography. I like to draw and paint a little too. I love photoshop, it's always open and I'm always working on icons or banners or some kind of graphics. I like to knit, i only know how to make scarves. I like watching sunsets. I like swimming at dusk and watching the stars come out.
Have or would you give time and money to a charity? I have and I would. I have very little money to give, so I give my time. I arrange benefit concerts for causes I believe in, like anti racist action, and the human rights campaign. I have worked with children of all ages, some with special needs, tutoring them. I've been a counselor at girl scout camp :) I plan to be a teacher, teaching in low income schools. Giving back with the gifts you've been blessed with is very important.
What is the one thing you would most like to accomplish? I want to make an impact, even if it's just on one person. I plan on teaching, and all I want out of that if for just one student to come to me one day and say "Ms. Clinkingbeard, thank you for everything you've done. You've really helped me to be better." That will make everything worthwhile.
Who is your role model? Well.... man that's tough. I think probably... Jason Black. He's the bassist for my favorite band, Hot Water Music. Ok I know, band member? but just hear me out. He does some things I don't agree with, but above everything else, he is a strong person with a beautiful soul. He believes in standing up for what you think is right. In unity, in strength, in finding what it takes for you to get through the tough times, the obstacles that stand in your way. And that is a message I agree with and love.
What trait most annoys you about other people? Selfishness. I think that everyone has something that they can offer others, and they should offer that up. No one can stand alone.
What do you want to do for a living? See above. heh. I want to teach high school English in low income schools. I went to an amazing high school with bright students who were willing to learn, and I think it would be great to teach students like that. But I know that when it comes to the choice of teaching somewhere were it would be easier for me, or somewhere where I might have to struggle but I could make a real difference, the latter is much better.
If your friend was attacked (by a person, animal, or (in the magic world) beast), what would you do? I'd probably be a little blinded by the moment actually and do something stupid to try and help my friend. If my head was on straight though I'd asses the situation. IfI couldn't handle the situation alone, I'd find help. But if I could do something myself, I would. Friends are too important to leave.
Would you ever use an Unforgivable Curse for any reason? aghhh, urg... I can't say never, because you can't always predict what you'll do in certain situations. But I can say I don't think I ever would. I don't think anyone deserves that. There are better ways to deal with situations.
What do you think are your top five abilities or qualities?
- I usually just dive right in. If there's something I want to do, I'll do it. If it doesn't work out, then that's too bad, but I'd always be upset with myself if I didn't try.
- I may not be good at giving advice, but I'l always be there to listen. You can't turn your back on people who need you, it's just not acceptable. Even if it means just sitting next to a friend and not saying anything, I will always be there to do what I can.
- I'm good at photography. Most of the things I love, singing, writing, art, I'm not very good at. But I am good at photography, and I love it, and I'm proud of that
- I think I'm a pretty fun person, and I'm usually up for just about anything (anything does not include dirnking or drugs. I am most definitely not up for that.) I like thinking that I'm outgoing and a fun person to be around once you get to know me :)
- Being positive and showing that to others. Working at girl scout camp, hanging out with those beautiful little girls, was the highlight of my summer for 4 years. Knowing that you can be a positive influence on people is a great gift.
What do you think are your top five weaknesses or worst qualities?
-One quality in myself that I really don't like is my jealousy. I call myself the green eyed monster, because there is always something in someone else that I envy. I don't begrudge other people what they have, but I usually wish I had it too.
- When it comes to school, if it's not something I love doing, I just don't care. I try my best to do everything I need to, but if it's a class I don't like, I half ass my work and I skip class as many times as I can without getting in trouble.
- material possessions. Sometimes I disgust myself with the amount of things I buy just because I can. But I'm getting so much better! Last time I went shopping I picked up about 10 things and only bought one of them, a 3 hole punch!
- Sometimes I can seem kind of cold and distant, but it's because it might take me a wile to get to trust people. Relationships in the past have made me slow to trust, and that affects relationships in the present and future. It's hard for me to just let go.
- I get really impatient with my mum. We are both pretty stubborn and I end up yelling at her a lot more than I'd like to. I really lover her and she does so much for me, I need to learn to be patient and just help her with things, and understand that it might take her a bit longer to grasp the concept of word processing, and that getting mad isn't helping anything.
Define in your own words the following key traits:
Courage: I think that courage isn't just not being afraid to jump out of a plane. Courage is being able to stand up for what you believe in the face of adversity. Courage is knowing what you think is right and sticking to that. Courage is doing what you have to do in order to meet the end that you believe is right.
Loyalty: Loyalty to me isn't just about agreeing with your friends and family and always standing by them. That's important too, but I think what's more important is always doing what is best for them, whether they like it or not.
Intelligence: I agree with the concept of multiple intelligences. You don't have to read 4 books a week and be able to computer large sums in your head to be intelligent. Intelligence is just knowing what your strengths are and honing them so you can use them the best way you can.
Ambition: I think it's great to have ambition, but your ambition can't override your compassion. I think it is more important to have ambitions that help people other than just yourself.
What house do you think DOESN'T fit you? (This question is optional for those who feel they just DO NOT fit in a house. Please explain WHY.) I'd say slytherin. I think that something slytherin and gryffindor have in common is that people in those houses will both do just about anything to get what they want. But it's the things they want that set them apart. I feel like gryffindors will work hard for the sake of others and will do whatever they have to in order to help their friends and family. But slytherins are always working for themselves, finding ways to push themselves to the top of the game, even if it means hurting others in the process, and that's the kind of situation I could never see myself in.
Where did you find out about us?Hm... oh yeah, in HP_Stillness