If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? This is such a hard question. I've been asked to answer it so many times, and I have yet to come up with a real answer. Whether directly or indirectly, everything affects everything else. So, if I were to change one thing, there's no knowing what else it would change. There are a lot of things I could do that would make my life easier in theory, but any one of them could change a number of other things that might make it ten times harder. So, I think I'll stay out of changing the world for now.
What makes a person respectable? This is another hard one because I don't respect people in general. To me, respect is something that needs to be earned, not something that should be handed out because people have certain traits. "If you do this, this, and this I respect you"...I just don't work that way. The only people that I can say for sure that I respect are my parents, because they're amazing. I know I didn't really answer the question, but that's the best I can do.
What do you look for in a friend? Mostly I look for someone who's like me, and so far I've only found one person that really is, which is why she's my best friend. Other than that, common interests are definitely a must. I also need to know that I can trust the person. I don't like being screwed over, so I do my best to make sure that doesn't happen.
What are your hobbies? Music=life. There's hardly ever a time when I'm not listening to music, and I can't imagine life without it. I spend a lot of time online. I also love reading, watching movies and TV, etc.
Have or would you give time and money to a charity? I never have. I probably wouldn't give time, honestly. I'd give money if it were something that I felt really strongly about.
What is the one thing you would most like to accomplish? My goal in life is to have so much money that I never have to work or do anything ever again. I'm not quite sure how to accomplish that yet, but I'm working on it.
Who is your role model? I don't have one. Having a role model would basically go against everything I believe in. I feel so strongly that people should just be who they are and not try to model themselves after anybody else that having a role model just doesn't make sense to me.
What trait most annoys you about other people? A better question would be what doesn't annoy me about other people. Just like I don't respect people in general, people annoy me in general. So, I'll try my best to make this a short list.
I can't stand it when people care what others think about them. It's just not in me to care, so I don't understand when other people do and I have no patience for it. I don't see why it matters, and I never will. "People don't like me, I'm gonna go cry! If I change this, this, and this do you think he'll like me? Oh my God, was she talking about me? Why doesn't she like me?" Shut up.
Another thing is ignorance. If somebody makes a racist, homophobic, or otherwise blatantly close-minded statement in my presence, I won't hesitate to tell them off for it.
Stupidity. I have no patience for stupid people.
People who claim they did things because of "peer pressure". Peer pressure doesn't exist unless you let it. If you let other people influence you to do something you didn't want to do, that's your own fault. Blame yourself. I could go on and on, but I'll stop there.
What do you want to do for a living? As I said up there, my goal in life is to have so much money I don't have to work. So, basically, I want to do nothing for a living. If you have any idea how I could achieve this, please let me know.
If your friend was attacked (by a person, animal, or (in the magic world) beast), what would you do? If it was somebody I really care about and there was an easy way I could defend them and not get hurt, I'd do it. Otherwise, there would be no point in me jumping in and trying to save them. We'd both be hurt, and that wouldn't do us any good. So, I'd call for help.
Would you ever use an Unforgivable Curse for any reason? If I was in a life or death situation, for sure. If it's going to come down to "them" or me dying, it's not going to be me if I have anything to do with it.
What do you think are your top five abilities or qualities?
1. Self respect. I think I've made it clear by now that I don't care what other people think about me. If you don't have a strong sense of self, what do you have? The whole world could turn on me tomorrow and I wouldn't care, because I'm secure and happy with myself. As long as I have that and the few people I really care about, I don't need anything else.
2. Honesty. I am brutally honest with my friends in particular. If they ask me something, or even if they don't, I will tell them the truth. Even if they don't really want to hear it.
3. Intelligence. When I was interviewed for my current job, the manager asked me to describe myself. One of the first things I listed was "intelligent", and she told me that nobody had ever said that to her in an interview before, which was kind of scary to me.
4. I hold very strongly to my convictions. For example, I decided a LONG time ago that I would never drink alcohol, smoke, or do a drug in my life. After seeing the effect those things have on people around me, I made a pact with myself that I would never let it happen to me. Whenever I tell people that, the reaction is usually "Yeah right, you say that now." But if I have a strong belief in something, I stick to it.
5. Individualistic. That was the superlative I got in my high school yearbook, actually. I do everything the way that I want despite what other people may think. I know that nobody is truly "unique", but I do my best to be as different as possible.
What do you think are your top five weaknesses or worst qualities?
1. I have anxiety. I do my best to work around it and not let it affect me, but sometimes I just have no choice. It's one thing in my life that I have no control over, and I don't like that. If I could change one thing about myself, that would definitely be it.
2. Anti-social. As I've said before, I don't like people. Therefore, I tend to avoid them at all costs.
3. I've come to realize that I'm nicer online than I am in real life, which is kind of scary since I don't think I'm very nice here either. I think it's because I don't have to deal with people on the internet if I don't really want to, so I don't mind being nice to them. In real life, that's not the case. I can't just put up an away message and not be bothered. One of my nicknames in high school was "Ice Queen", which probably says it all. It's easier for me to be cold to people in real life than it is to be nice.
4. I tend to look down on people for things I probably shouldn't. I can't help but feel that I'm better than people who do things that I consider to be stupid.
5. This answer might sound familiar, but I was on the phone with rosiegalbasi when we were looking over applications and both realized this. I'm guessing it's not a good thing that things other people consider to be bad qualities, I like about myself. Such as: being spoiled, sarcastic, stubborn, selfish, intimidating, manipulative, self-centered, etc. Those are all qualities that I have that I've never considered to be bad, but other people do.
Define in your own words the following key traits:
Courage: Confronting your fears.
Loyalty: Sticking by someone or something no matter what.
Intelligence: Not only being "book smart" but retaining and applying the knowledge you've gathered throughout your life to real situations.
Ambition: Knowing what you want and going for it despite any obstacles that might come your way.
What house do you think DOESN'T fit you? (This question is optional for those who feel they just DO NOT fit in a house. Please explain WHY.)
Where did you find out about us? I was a mod and Prefect at the original community, hogwartshouses. When we shut that community down and passed the torch to Bunny, we weren't supposed to join this one, but decided it looked like too much fun not to. So, I'm back. And yes, I know I didn't have to reapply, but filling out the application is the best part.