If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
The one thing I would change if I could, would be to rid the world of prejudice. Living in the south (US), I've seen a lot of prejudice in my short life and it's one of the things I hate most about this world. I was fortunate to grow up in a school that was very diverse and accepting, but when I look at others who have so much hatred towards people for no reason, it makes me sick. I also think that it's the reason behind so many of the problems that we face, and that if we could all move past these oldfashioned ideas, this world would be much better off.
What makes a person respectable?
I believe that respect is something that you earn and not something you are just given. In order to be respectable, you have to respect others and prove to them that you are worthy of their respect in return. I also believe that you have to be a good person to be respectable. People won't respect you if they can't respect the things you do.
What do you look for in a friend?
I'm not very good at making new friends and it takes me awhile to let new people in, so loyalty and dependability are very important to me. When I make friends, I make them for the long haul. I have to be able to trust my friends and depend on them. I also look for similarities in my friends, but my best friend in the world is almost my complete opposite. As long as I know I can depend on my friends, then thats really all that matters to me. The best friends in the world are the ones you can just sit with, doing absolutely nothing, and have the best time of your life.
What are your hobbies?
Oh goodness. My fandoms are my hobbies. I'm always online either chatting with friends, reading journals, reading fanfic, or making icons. I love to read and watch tv, but music is my life. It's always been my passion. I'm almost always listening to music. I'm obsessed with Harry Potter and *NSYNC and you can almost bet that at any given time, whatever I'm doing is somehow related to one of those two fandoms.
Have or would you give time and money to a charity?
I would most definitely give my time and my money (if i had any) to charity. In high school, I did some charity work with the National Honor Society, and when I was younger I helped out in our church's soup kitchen. Now that I've started college, my time and money have decreased greatly, but I still love to help out however I can.
What is the one thing you would most like to accomplish?
This may sound old fashioned, but the one thing I want most in life is to fall in love and start a family. For as long as I can remember, that's been the one thing I've dreamed about. While other kids my age were dreaming about being doctors and lawyers, I dreamed about being a housewife and having a family. I'd love to be able to share my life with someone and to have a part in raising a child. In my mind, that's the best thing you could ever hope to do in life.
Who is your role model?
My mom is definitely my role model. My parents divorced when I was young and my mom basically raised me by herself for most of my life. Being a low-income family, we never had much but my mom gave me everything I ever wanted. She's one of the strongest Christian women I've ever known and she's amazing. I can only hope to be half the woman she is.
What trait most annoys you about other people?
I'm not really sure. I hate stupidity. People who are smart but don't apply their knowledge. There are so many people who were in my top ten percent in high school, who were so smart, but had absolutely no common sense. I also hate it when people aren't dependable. When someone tells me they are going to do something, I expect them to do it. But I suppose stupidity would have to be my biggest pet peeve about others. I just can't handle people who don't think and use their mind.
What do you want to do for a living?
My whole life, I've wanted to be a teacher. My senior year of high school, I realized I hate little kids. After almost two years of having no clue what to do with my life, I've pretty much decided I want to be a librarian. Unfortunately, Library Science is a masters degree, so I have to do something else first. I'll probably major in education and become a teacher like I always wanted. I figure I'll give that a try and if I like it, then great. If I don't, then I can continue my education and get my masters to become a librarian. I love books and reading, and being a librarian is one of the only things I can actually picture doing for the rest of my life. In junior high, I was a library aide and I loved it, so I think I'd enjoy it.
If your friend was attacked (by a person, animal, or (in the magic world) beast), what would you do?
If their life was in danger, I would definitely step in and help. I'm a chicken, and scared of everything, but my friends are the most important people in my life and I like to think I would jump in and do whatever it takes to save them. I know if it was another person hurting them, my anger would be enough to make me jump in and help, but it would probably depend on the animal. If they were being attacked by a lion or some other kind of huge angry beast, I'd probably be too afraid to do anything, but I'd atleast run for help or something.
Would you ever use an Unforgivable Curse for any reason?
Although an Unforgivable Curse is...well...unforgivable, I think there could possibly be a time where I would use it if I had to, such as in the previous question. If one of my friends was in danger, and there was absolutely nothing else I could do, I don't think I would hesitate to use an Unforgivable. If no one was in immediate danger and there were other options, then I seriously doubt I could ever bring myself to use one.
What do you think are your top five abilities or qualities?
1) Dependability- I pride myself on always being there for my friends. I have told my friends numerous times that I was there for them day or night, and when one of my friends called me needing to talk at 3am, I was at her house in ten minutes. Being dependable and being there for my friends is one of the most important things for me.
2) Loyalty- This is another thing that is very very important to me. My friends have to be loyal to me and I have to be loyal to them. My group of friends has always had problems about talking behind each others backs and although we've all done it at one point or another, it's one of the things I try the hardest not to do. I've learned over the years that my friends are truly awesome and I don't want to do anything to hurt them or to lose them. They know they can trust me and they know that I will always have their back.
3) My listening ability- I've never been good at giving advice to people, but all of my friends know that if they need someone to talk to, that I'm the one to go to. They all know they aren't going to get the answers to the universe from me, but if they need a shoulder to cry on or just someone to sit and listen while they talk, that I'm the best choice.
4) Singing- I'm one of those people who's pretty good at almost everything, but not the best at anything. Singing is the one thing I really pride myself on and think I'm good at. I'm not going to say I'm an awesome singer or anything, but it's the one thing I know I do good and the one thing I'm really proud of.
5) I'm not sure what you'd call it. Maybe openminded. I tend to see both sides of an issue. When I look at something, it's easy for me to see both sides or postions and to understand how they would both feel.
What do you think are your top five weaknesses or worst qualities?
1) Procrastination-I am a huge procrastinator. My moto has always been "Don't do today what you can put off till tomorrow". I know it's a horrible trait and it's gotten me into major trouble in the past. No matter how much I try to change it, I just can't seem to. 'Later' just always seems like a better time!
2) Laziness- I suppose this goes hand in hand with the procrastination. I usually procrastinate because I'm to lazy to do it now. I get it from my father. He was extremely lazy and was always sleeping, and now that seems to be all I want to do. I'd much rather sit and daydream or just sit online all day than to do what I should be doing. This is another thing that's gotten me into major trouble, but...it's just so nice to sit and do nothing!
3) Indecisiveness- I listed being able to see both sides as one of my good traits. Unfortunately, when I see both sides, it's hard to know where I stand. There are so many issues that I have no idea where I stand on. I hate making decisions, especially where other people are involved. I'd rather suffer than make a decision that would make someone else suffer.
4) A need to please- I've always been the type of person that needs to be liked. I'd do almost anything if it would make someone else happy or make someone else like me. Don't get me wrong, I have strong morals and won't violate those for any reason, but I've always been willing to do anything short of that to get people to like me. I want others to be happy. When they are happy, I'm happy. To this day, I don't talk about my problems, but nag my friends to talk about theirs because I want them to be happy. I want to listen and to help in any way I can, even if it means putting my own needs onto the back burner.
5) Self-Esteem/Confidence, or lack thereof- I've never had high self-esteem/confidence. I wish I did. I've just always found it easier to look at the negatives. As I've gotten older and gone off to college, it's gotten a little bit better, but its just so much easier to see the bad. I always thought it was better to put myself down before anyone else got a chance.
Define in your own words the following key traits:
Courage: Courage is knowing what needs to be done and doing it. It doesn't mean that you have to stand up and fight for every little thing, but standing up for the important things and doing what you know is right no matter the consequences. Knowing that you'll be looked down upon or judged for what you do, and still doing it? That's courage.
Loyalty: Being dependable. Doing what you said you'd do. Defending people whom you care about. That's loyalty. Being faithful and steadfast and never turning your back on those that depend on you.
Intelligence: Intelligence is not necessarily book-smarts or knowledge. You don't have to be knowledgable about everything to be intelligent. I think intelligence is simply using what you know to apply it to your life. Thinking before you act. Intelligence is simply using your mind and the knowledge that you have.
Ambition: Ambition is knowing what you want and going for it. Doing whatever it takes to get it. Plain and simple.
What house do you think DOESN'T fit you? (This question is optional for those who feel they just DO NOT fit in a house. Please explain WHY.) I think the house that fits me the least would have to be Slytherin. Like I said above, I'm lazy and not at all ambitious. I'm quiet and shy and the complete opposite of a true Slytherin. While I respect them for their ambition and cunning, I'm just not that strong a person.
Where did you find out about us? lenabee at hp_chorus