If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
I'd like to end corrupt politics and war. I think that only then can we really concentrate the amount of energy that we need to help people. In my opinion, war is only a temporary solution, and it never does accomplish anything that peace couldn't. And people like George Bush running countries--that's a joke, and we need to stop things like that. The man can't even form proper sentences...How is he supposed to be a leader? Why are people obsessing over war, oil, and power when there's so much more that needs improvement?
What makes a person respectable?
I think that a person is respectable when they can support their opinions and when they stand up for what they believe in, despite what other people think or say to them. I hate it when people change their opinions and personality to suit their company. I respect people that are intelligent--I don't mean conventionally, really. In my opinion getting good grades doesn't necessarily make you smart. I mean people who can look into things and are intellectual...I don't think that there's anything more respectable than that.
What do you look for in a friend?
I look for creativity, intelligence...not necessarily in school, as I said, but I can't stand being around ignorant people. A good sense of humour is also very important, because I don't like to be around people who bore me, and I love to laugh. The thing I like about most of my friends is that we can spend a lot of time talking about serious things for hours. If I can't talk to someone about something important, then that's something that will prevent us from becoming better friends.
What are your hobbies?
Photography is my main hobby, but I also spend a lot of time reading, writing, and painting. I like listening to music and I play the clarinet. I love looking at art and reading about history. I enjoy skiing, too, as I'm a winter person and I love being out in the snow. Oh, and traveling--I have this thing where I keep little tacks all over a world map in my room: yellow for the places that I've been to and then red for the ones that I plan on going sometime.
Have or would you give time and money to a charity?
I don't do as much as I should... I have in the past, but lately with school and things I just haven't really had any time... although that isn't an excuse.
What is the one thing you would most like to accomplish?
I'd like to finish this book that I've been working on for about three or four years. A lot of it I haven't gotten to writing down, and I'd really like to get the time to work on that and have something to show people for my effort. On top of that I have another writing project that I've been planning...sort of like a fantasy/science fiction series. I want to get that all worked out--the details of the plot, maps, and book divisions. In the future, I'd like to get some writing and photographs of mine published, or maybe have an exhibition for my artwork.
Who is your role model?
My role model is Morrissey from the Smiths...although they did break up. But despite that, he's an amazing artist. He has a beautiful voice, his lyrics are always thoughtful and interesting, and the Smiths' music is just...It's incredible, it isn't like anything else. Morrissey is an original. He's talented, intelligent, and he's also a vegetarian, like me.
What trait most annoys you about other people?
I'm annoyed by vanity, ignorance, and lying--all of which are popular characteristics in people that prevent me from respecting and getting to know them. I suppose these are all sort of... egocentric characteristics, which I find immature.
What do you want to do for a living?
I'd like to be a writer, mainly, but I'd also like to dedicate a lot of time to my photography. I've considered maybe doing something in history, but it seems that the only careers in that other than writing textbooks and things is teaching, and I'm not much of a people person. But being a writer is my ambition, and it's one of the few careers I think that I'd enjoy. I would never take a desk job. (Well, you do usually write at a desk but... you know what I mean.)
If your friend was attacked (by a person, animal, or (in the magic world) beast), what would you do? I would do whatever I could to assist them, although more so if it was a person than an animal or beast, unless it was the only way to stop them from harming my friend...depending on the animal's intelligence and the severity of the attack. If my friend's life was in danger then yes, I would do absolutely anything to defend them.
Would you ever use an Unforgivable Curse for any reason? I can't think of a reason as to why I would ever use the Imperio curse, but I would use any of them if it was in defense of someone else. I would hate to do it though, and I would only do so if it was the only way to save somebody.
What do you think are your top five abilities or qualities?
1. I'm artistic and creative: I think that all of my artwork is really unique and doesn't look a lot like anything else. I have a certain style that I've developed on my own, and I try to make everything I do interesting. I'm also a creative writer--I love spatial poetry and different styles, and I use a lot of prose.
2. I'm intellectual: I spend a great amount of time reading. While I may not be good at math and chemistry, I'm talented in literature and history, since I look into and understand what I read. I think a lot about...everything, really. I have my own theories on life, politics, moral issues...
3. I've got a good sense of humour: Once I get to know someone, I can really make them laugh. I have a strange sense of humour, true, but I don't know anybody that doesn't think I'm funny. I love writing comedic stories and parodies to show to people.
4. I'm opinionated: While most people might not appreciate this, I stand up for what I believe in and I don't back down when confronted. I do tend to clash with other people because of this, but I never take back what I say about something I believe is important. I think outside the box.
5. I'm a good listener: When one of my friend's needs someone to talk to, I'm always there for them to listen, and I never get tired of it. I like to talk to my friends about their problems and feelings, and if something is wrong I try and help them the best that I can. I really care about people.
What do you think are your top five weaknesses or worst qualities?
1. I'm too shy: When I changed schools, it took me about a year and a half to finally make good friends. When I'm around people I don't know, I can't think of anything to say, and I get really nervous. I'm very introverted.
2. I'm blunt: When something is bothering me about someone, I'll just go and tell them, but no one likes being told their faults.
3. While I may be good at art and writing (dominant right brain qualities), I've never been any good at maths. It's something that really slows me down in school, and I find it very difficult to comprehend.
4. I'm critical: I may not always voice my complaints, but I can usually find something wrong with nearly everything. I'm very critical of movies, music, art, and writing. (But then, at the same time, I think I have good taste.)
5. I'm easily bored: In school or out, if something doesn't interest me, then I just don't pay attention. I suppose it's because I'm so picky. Or, if an activity doesn't appeal to me, then I just won't do it, or I'll do a poor job of it.
Define in your own words the following key traits:
Courage: Standing up for what you believe in, which requires a lot of bravery because when you put your opinions out for other people to hear, you get a lot of criticism. You have to be courageous to protest what you know is wrong and not step down when people speak against you. Also, putting others before yourself and being willing to risk your own life for someone else.
Loyalty: Remaining faithful to a friend when they're in trouble, or standing up for them when someone else is putting them down. It's the most important quality of friendship.
Intelligence: Understanding, grasping concepts, and really absorbing things instead of just regurgitating what textbooks tell you. It's being able to think for yourself and know things other than what you've memorized in school.
Ambition: Determination to be the best that you can...or better than everyone else, sometimes. It's what drives you to do things that are challenging, or things that otherwise you wouldn't consider spending time on.
What house do you think DOESN'T fit you? (This question is optional for those who feel they just DO NOT fit in a house. Please explain WHY.)
I don't think that I would fit in it Hufflepuff at all. When I think of that house, the characteristics that come to mind the most are hard working, patient... (and I believe the Sorting Hat described Hufflepuff as "sweet" once.) Sometimes I can be like this, but usually I'm just...not. I'm not very tolerant of people that I don't like or find...stupid, really, and I tend to leave everything to the last minute.
Where did you find out about us? veronicaforever